Certain gestures(movements) and contractions meet systematically in the postures, the breath or the concentration:
- Mula bandha mudrâ (the contraction of the anus)
- Ashvini mudrâ (the contraction of the rectum)
- Uddyana bandha mudrâ (the contraction of the stomach)
- Jalahandhara bandha mudrâ (the contraction of the throat(breast))
- Jhiva bandha mudrâ (the mudrâ of the language(tongue): kechari, khaki(persimmon))
- Drishti mudrâ (the mudrâ of eyes: shambavi)
Then yes, all the time, it is necessary to set up these mudrâ and bandha in particular. Sometimes intensely sometimes more slightly.
To use them systematically allows to close the doors of the senses(directions) by which the energy returns and goes out as she wants, too freely, without control, quite there maitrisant her doors and make them hermetic. The energy will then be got, trapped, managed.
At the beginning, it is not evident to maintain them, " that lache ". Persevere and you will see that in time, these contractions will become natural. Furthermore, they will support you in techniques.
Read the article " Mudrâ and Bandha - gestures(movements) and contractions of the Yoga "