The botanical name of Tulsi is Tenuiflorum Ocimum (collectively called basil crowned in English, in Tamil and in Thiruthuzhai Tulasi or Tulsi in Sanskrit); this plant is a close cousin of the Thai Basil.
Native of India, it is long-lived one cultivated in most of the homes(foyers) in India.
It is the ultimate symbol of the purity.
" Tulsi is considered as the wife of Vishnu. This sacred plant which the Indians cultivate in jar in temples and in their place of residence brings the happiness. He(it) make him(her) Puja (ceremonies of offerings and worship) every morning, and put it a particular bombast during the month of kartik, oct-nov ) dedicated to Vishnu, with The marriage of Tulsi. An oil lamp burns in front of her. We consider that to put sheets(leaves) of Tulsi in the Water makes her(it) so pure as the Water of the Ganges (Sandgrouse jal). We put a sheet(leaf) of Tulsi in the mouth of a dead man to cleanse him(it). " Elisham - India where I saw
Used in Âyurveda for its remarkable curative properties, Tulsi is considered as a real elixir of life, a plant favoring the health and the longevity.
It is not a fate if Tulsi carries(wears) names so suggestive as: sacred basil, the incomparable, mother of the medicine of the nature, the Queen of herbs, etc.
Tulsi maybe consumed in the form of infusion in herb tea.
There are mixtures where we associate Tulsi with Rooibos.
We also use some Essential Oil of Sacred tulsi ) Basil:
- Used internal, to use with caution 3 or 4 drops(gouts) a day, in a little oil) and on a duration not overtaking three months. The pregnant women and young children do not have to consume of H.E. of sacred basil.
- Used external, do not apply this essential oil directly to the skin, but in mixture of some drops(gouts) in a base of sweet almond oil or other.
The tulsi is effective in the cases of:
- Cooling and viral affections
- Mental and physical fatigue
- State of big stress
- Inflammatory states
- Poisoning and exhibition(exposure) in harmful radiations
- High cardiovascular cholesterol, affections
- Difficult digestion
- Pains, headaches
OM Tulsayei Vidmahe
Vishnu Priyayei Dhimahi
Prachodayat Vrinda Tanno